Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 2002 convention

Hi John,

The PUBS Staff wanted to get the plaque awards out of the way before
discussing a PSUBS Convention for 2002. Since you brought it up I'll
start now with my initial thoughts.

The 2001 PSUBS Convention was a flop. Primarily due to having no local
voluteers (local to Vancouver, BC, Canada) stepping forward to do the leg
work.

I know that the second convention was planned to be in Florida but we
really never had the first one yet.

To make sure the 2002 PSUBS Convention actually happens the thought was to
have it in Portland, Oregon. Portland is the large city near where I live
and thus I can easily do the leg work and go see convention sites myself.

Unfortunately about the only submarine realated venue in this area is
at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (http://www.omsi.edu/)
with the USS Blueback. The USS Blueback was one of the last USN
diesel-electric subs.

I need some feedback. If we have it in Florida then some PSUBers local
in Florida will have to do the leg work. Any voluteers?

If we have it in Oregon. It will happen.

Oh by the way. There is no budget for a convention. It was hoped that the
online sales to PSUBS would help offset costs but the store has yet to break
even over the set up costs. I don't expect much help there.

As a result the convention will have to be self supporting with the initial
costs coming out of someone's pocket and getting reimbursed through reasonable
entrance fees. What ever reasonable fees means?

Regards,
Ray

> From: "maynard" <maynard@exotrope.net>
> To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
> Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 2002 convention
> Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 15:20:04 -0500
>
> Is PSUBS planning a convention in Florida this coming new year. If so
when,where. I
> would like to make plans and also Harold Maynards Lake Diver is in Marathon,
FLA (Keys)