Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Propane tanks

I spoke to a company about  ethyl mercaptan and they told me if i use bleach
inside the tank it will convert the mercaptan to a much less odiferous
compound,,then they advise steam cleaning the mercaptain out of the surface
of the metal,,they did say that if the tank is still compleate to make sure
it has a good opening,,they claim they have collapsed a tank ,a large tank
when the steam cooled and created a vacum..also i have a freind,,a marine
biologist at the brookhaven lab and he tells me mercaptain is a carcinagyn
and is harm full even at 5 parts per million