[PSUBS-MAILIST] Looking for a REAL submarine design

Greetings! After digging through the PSUBS archives and browsing the various
picture pages out there, I'm a bit reluctant to sink some cash into an
AquaSub snorkle type design (no pun intended) and more interested in
building a "real" submarine. I represent a small group of mechanical
engineering students who are looking for a small submarine project to work
on for the next few years. It would probably be funded by grants at our
university so, something we could build economically would fit the bill
nicely. I was thinking the Kittridge K350 or something like that, but any
suggestions would be helpful. Thanks for your time...

- Jacob Lauser
  Mechanical Engineering Student