Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: AIP [air independant propulsion]

Thermite could melt through an engine block like a knife through butter ( I
have seen it!) . Imagine you are at 200 feet underwater and see your
thermite melting through your hull. It will be like a balloon pinch by a
needle. Puff! The only ecuation I can see is: thermite + submarine = debri
and water vapor.

The idea of an energy source seems good but the reaction of thermite is an
uncontrollable one thus making it a very, very dangerous energy source. The
idea of the pellets is neat but be sure you test it well before trying
anything underwater. Also, thermite burns oxygen and underwater, this is a
resource not to be wasting off.

Please don't think I'm harsh here. I also have some crazy ideas on my head
that don't go away. My wife says that this sub making idea is an obsession
and that she already have the cost estimates of having me on an asylum for
depressed submarine maniacs. Anyway, most inventions where discovered by the
same way; crazy idea + experiment / mishaps = inventions. Good luck with
your idea.

Eliezer Rodriguez
"The only thing in life to fear is fear itself."