From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Eliezer
Rodriguez
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 8:07 AM
To: PSUBS Group
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Underwater Anchor System

Hi;

It will be quite interesting to have an underwater anchor system to
maintain the position of the sub especially underwater and in strong
current conditions The idea is like this, use an electric 12v winch for
the system with a remote controll to power in, out and free wheel.This
system will be for a sub that goes no more than 150 feet deep and will
prevent from currents slamming your sub to underwater cliffs or rocky
walls. The only problem I forsee is, how do you prevent the water from
going in? Does a kind of lip seal surrounding the cable would do? Any
inputs will be welcomed.

Regards,

Eliezer Rodriguez
"The only thing in life to fear is fear itself."