[PSUBS-MAILIST] RE: Kittredge 250 Info

I don't like bladders in the hull. If it ruptures, the water will run to one
end and you'll be left standing with no way to pump the results. And you
will spill your tea, every time.

Mental note: scratch the bladder idea and bring coke not tea, in case I
spill it I my lap

The HP & LP air: LP air in the Kittredge boat is for the VBT, which is a
small, "hard" tank, and would not be happy with more than a few hundred psi.
The HP squirts through a check valve (mounted external to keep water
intrusion in the system to a minimum). It is valved out against sea
pressure, a 1/4" ball valve works fine, and you don't need to reduce it (the
pressure, not the valve). If you use a LP system on the mains you would need
to plan on larger tubing, fittings, valves to compensate for the reduced
flow.

Ok, what's the pressure of a SCUBA tank, about 200psi isn't it?

Yes, the Ks all have fore and aft mains and yes, one reach rod per valve for
the MBTs. Kittredge has some simple solutions for the shallower subs which
look funky and work wonderfully well. Don't worry about it. The problems
solve themselves (that and a few friendly subnuts on this web page, several
of whom are building K-subs as we speak.

Here is my modified design based on your pervious comments. I have done away
with the solenoid valves and simplified the design. Hope it comes through ok
this time.

Harry