RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Trim Tank Idea

Thanks for your reply Carsten,

Can I just clarify a few points.

Was your description based on using a piston tank at a MBT or a trim tank? I
had anticipated many of your concerns, however I has hoping that for a small
one person 1 atm sub it would be a possibility to have conventional MBT's
and use these tanks as the VBT and fore and aft  trim tanks. hopefully
because of the small size of the sub the trim requirements would be less.

Also if I were to ensure that one side of the piston contained a
compressible air pocket could this not help to counteract the diving
pressure on the other side of the seal? By building this side of the
cylinder to differing volumes you could predict what pressure will be
generated as the piston compresses it.

I look forward to your comments, I thought I was on to something there!
Just goes to show the value of the group where we can get a new perspective
on our pencil sketches.

Harry