Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: SONAR

In a message dated 8/12/2001 11:16:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
crest25@attglobal.net writes:

<< Yep, you're correct. Sonar will bounce or deflect with a change in
 medium or gradient temperature layer. I didn't comment about it bouncing
 or now off the surface since I have never tried that. I only know about
 signals going down or out from the vessel.

It will bounce off the surface very nicely--makes a nice depth gauge if
you've got a transducer you can point up--I've got one mounted on the front
of my stbd side thruster for instance.
Vance