Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] question about general design?

I'll suggest another option which we have found works very well. Use a brass Ajax thread screwed into a socket in your drop weight. The old Perry pin-through-a-slot works well, but only the threaded screw version lets you crank the dropweight up snug. Perry drop weights bang around in a sea way when the sub is being towed and I always worried about tearing something up. Never did, but it always made me wince hearing 1000#s clunk around under my feet. Mind you, there is always that Pisces "free-release" problem with this threaded deal (that is when you are down a kilometer or so, drinking coffee and doing your job, and the brass Ajax thread drop weight screw snaps off and dumps your custom made 500# drop weight into the silt and sends you skyward without warning. This is known in the biz as a BAAAAD THING!
Vance