Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Which Through-Hull?

Phil,

This is the picture I'm getting of the electrical thru-hull.

(be warned, it ain't pretty)

black  = female threaded boss
red    = male threaded pipe fitting
green  = female reducer
yellow = brass machine bolt
blue   = power cable from the thruster

<< electricalthru-hull.jpg >>

I'm assuming that the epoxy does not come into contact with the boss, and
that the assembly can be unscrewed from the boss and hull.  Wow, this type
of through-hull could last over twenty years hunh?  Thanks for answering
Phil, if I had my own sub (or fleet) I wouldn't be on the computer, heh.

My visions of building two subs are quickly being checked by reality.  My
one, do it all sub, will require at least 5 mechanical through-hulls, so
I'll have to do some experimenting and testing after all.  I've still got
some things to do before I can get serious about my own sub (construction
probably won't begin for another four years).  I also need to move closer to
the ocean, what do yall recommend : Florida or California?

         counting the days,
              Shin