[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Newcomer With Question

Fremitz13@aol.com wrote:

> I am a newcomer to this mailing list and would like to ask you all about a
> type of plywood I should use.

Welcome to one of the few safe places where one can say aloud,
"I want my own submarine."

> I has a simple plywood hull and requires exterior grade
> plywood. All the wood boats that I know of are made with marine grade
> plywood, which I think would be the safer way to go, not risking it falling
> apart from it being saturated with water. I just want some oppinions on this.

Don't worry about it.  I once took a scrap of quarter-inch plywood,
exterior grade and tested it outdoors.  It was cut in a very
irregular shape, and I added a half-inch hole to the center of it
and hung the piece outside on a tree limb.  Four years later I cut
it down and used it: it was still intact after surviving four
winters and four summers without much protection.

Mike Holt