RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Which Through-Hull?

  Mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, that's what I want to know.  What are
the advantages of each?  Which types would be the most reliable/safest at
700 feet down?
  Electrical through hulls seem to be the easiest to maintain, so if they
can be made to withstand the depths I'd like to operate at, I would
considering making all my through-hulls electrical.  However, how does the
sealing material hold up over time?  Is it easily replaced?  If not, o-rings
might be easier to maintain.
  What I want are opinions as to the ease of maintenance and reliability of
the different types of though-hulls which will operate at the wanted depth.

          not wanting to poke holes in his boat,
                           Shin