Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hot off the scanner, Bionic Beach Bash Party pic links

--- "Thomas A. Rowe" <doc@bionicdolphin.com> wrote:

>  Our flukes are akin to the tail on a Beech Bonanza airplane, they sit in an anhedral
> angled configuration of about 60 degrees. Turning is accomplished much the same
> as dolphins, by using combinations of pectoral fins and flukes. Each surface is individually
> controlled through dual joysticks and pedals. You can probably guess that it takes a
> good deal of coordination and quick reflexes to operate.

Wow.  Gaahhh.  Wooomph.  Wow.  Of course, refinements in linkages and computer-assist are
possible...

>  Flying underwater in a positively buoyant craft involves the same principal as flying
> in the air in a heavier than air craft. We must maintain a certain forward velocity
> or the wings stall out and we come back to the surface, and as in aircraft that
> particular velocity is determined by wing area and shape.

Gotcha.  But "crashing" is clearly softer.  Safer.  Awesome.

-L

=====
"Yo no soy marinero / Soy capitan"
          - Traditional Mexican Lyric (La Bamba)