Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] World's Smallest Submarine?

Hi, Pat:
        Hmmmm, photo of 'Sea Urchin 1' - in that video I sent you (that has
the build cycle for Deepworker 2000) in the first part where it shows some
of the early stuff - Wasp, Sea Otter, Newtsuit, Deep Rover, etc., the
sequence of me sitting in the white micro-sub making notes - with David
Doubilet and John McKenny shooting outside . . .that be 'Sea Urchin 1 ' ! I
didn't realize that there wasn't a shot of this sub in our website - we
have a nice cover - shot from 'Diver' mag that I guess I should post for
historical purposes- or . . .we also have a 3 page 'Playboy' spread (
forget the pun) on Sea Urchin 1 - not the 'Newtsub/ DeepWorker'  one that
was just in the German 'Playboy' but one with a nude lady pwessing herself
into the dome . .( sowwy, I lisp when I get agitated) it was slot  .
.sowwy,  . .'shot'  at Catalina Island - right in Avalon harbor - in 1995.
Oh, yes speaking of Sea Urchin, there is a shot of Sea Urchin 1 in National
Geographic - a two page shot - I think it was January 1993 - it had a
Dinosaur on the cover ( didn't everything, in 1993!) Article is called
'Money from the Sea' and is about the ancient 1st Nations people's harvest
of  Dentalium and the pre-contact  trade from this area down into the Great
Plains, to the Mound Builders, the Pueblos and up across the Bering Strait
to Siberia . . .whoa! getting carried away ,again . .that damn Avalon shoot
. . ,
        Re: "Green pic"  - that be the famous "Emerald  Sea " of British
Columbia ( probably only famous to us who live here!) That was shot by Neil
McDaniel - Wet Films - about ten miles from our office - at a place called
Whytecliff Park. The water depth 200 feet offshore is 750 feet . . .nice
wall dive!
        Re: Jet fighter canopy . . .yeah, I've looked at several 'concepts'
in the last year or so . .mostly from possible investors asking 'is this
thing real - will it work?' - and have to remind myself that it's not
polite to throw cold urine on wistful fantasies spun by those who wish
nothing more than to follow their dreams -  on some-one else's nickel. I'm
not terminally cynical - only depressed, since it seems that I always have
to use my own nickels when it comes to way-out stuff- Rats!!.
Phil Nuytten