[PSUBS-MAILIST] New comer w/ROV Question

I am working on a ROV for my first project. I have
been doing some victim recovery diving in the pacific
north west. The fresh water recovery can be tricky due
to the 12 to 18 knot currents in some of the rivers I
have been dealing with. As a diver being 10 lbs over
weighted and carrying a 35 lb lead anchor it is still
difficult to fight the currents. I would also like to
use this for deep ocean use.
   I am working on a submarine shaped (approx 8" X
30") ROV. I believe with the bow planes, and making
the sail so I can adjust (pitch side to side) for
control at the front of the sub. Combining this with
the rudder control on the aft end, I will be able to
control the ROV using the currents to my advantage. A
strong motor to push against the currents.
Transparent nose cone for camera, sonar,...
  If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly
appreciated.

Also can anyone share the formula for pressure at
depth of sea water? For example, how many pounds per
square inch would be applied at 1500 of sea water.
What is the best material to use, aluminum (1 piece
machined) or welded steal? How thick should this
material be to resist the 1500 fsw?
The transparent nose cone acrilic or polycarbonate?
And how thick?

I hope this is not below anyone to help on something
so small but as I said I'm just getting started

Thank so much
Jonathan