Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Finding this underwater: a different approach

Hmmmmm... I was considering using 'tail' propulsion on a boat that can dive
to 100 feet to avoid unfriendly humans.  The idea that a 'tail' could be
quieter and more efficient than a prop made me think it would be worth the
investment in testing such a new design.  However, since the efficiency of
'tail' propulsion comes from the stability in its water disturbance trail
(which MAY make it easier for those unfriendly humans to get you) I suddenly
wonder if the efficiency boost is worth the investment in research and a
possible loss of stealth.  Ah well, I need to focus on my first 'swimming
pool sub' at the moment.

         Har Har Har
            Shin