Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Nice Sub Bill!

Pat
    The 1450 gal propane tank cost 2900 dollars delivered, the smaller tank
for hard ballast cost 900 delivered. I feel more than confident that these
tanks are strong enough to do the job. Even if the test rating was not the
same from the outside pushing in, it can't possibly be that much of a
difference. If anyone can calculate the difference I would appreciate
knowing. The main tank is . 270 inch's thick. I do agree that the conning
tower is a weak point and I intend to build it with such structural integrity
that it will be able to withstand the tremendous pressures exerted on it. The
entire tower will be built from half inch plate reinforced from all angles
and welded to the hull, after that horizontal bulkheads will be inserted
under each side of the conning tower and extend to the bilge, than one
bulkhead will be installed on each end of the opening forming the control
station this will be more than sufficient I feel, to allow me to utilize the
conning tower area. As I explained earlier I intend to bridge the center of
the tower to reinforce the sides. I realize there is a certain risk involved
in any project like this and I do intend to minimize it as much as possible.
Carsten I am glad that I can use a regular stuffing box that certainly helps.
I had considered the ceramic high pressure seals and realized it would be
more complex.

                            Thanks for the help
                                    Bill G.