Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Nice Sub Bill!

Pat
    I have installed six baffles in each side tank to keep the water from
shifting. It is my intention to install a manifold to release the water and
submerge. Each section will have its own air injector. The conning tower will
be an intregal part of the hull and be completly reiforced with half inch
plate. As I explained to Alex, I intend to bridge the inside of the conning
tower and cockpit area to further stengthen the weakest point. The vents are
located at the lowest point in each section and then covered with grates to
keep out any large objects. I intend to run the vents open and rely on my
fore and aft tanks for trim. These tanks will be set up to pump between
them,and will be equiped with a backup system. I also intend to use the tanks
in place of a keel cooler for the generator by filling that sytem with fresh
water and antifreeze to the needed level for normal operation. The hull
displacement will be in the eighteen thousand pound range, I can't put an
exact number to it now because I haven't recalculated the conning tower
displacement since I cut it down. The side tanks are approx. eighteen percent
of the hull displacement. I plan on operating no deeper then one hundred and
fifty foot. Pat you really have a great sub and I am sure you have run into
problems I haven't foreseen please feel free to guide me, thats why I joined
the group!
                    Thanks Bill