Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Phone # for Mine sweeper hulls

Hi Gene - ..after 50 years.. ? They are from 1951 ? ..

No real idear about removing the glue - maybe sand- or glas blasting ?

Maybe heat is one way but ..

Some special firms here blasting with frozen CO2 - primilery
to prevent to remove later so much old dirty waste sand. But also
to make for examle the old painting on a structure very cold and "hard"
so it could easy remove without to dammage the surface below.
Maybe this process would make the glue also very hard and easy to
remove.

Another idear is simillar - carry the both half hulls in a coldstore
lorry
to a sandblasting firm far away - keep the termostat regulator down to
the cold end and if you arrived on the firm - work quickly.

Or carry the Hull to Dale's place next winter.. the job can be done than
just outside ..

see you and good luck with you project - Carsten