[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Snow White virus

"D. Blake" wrote:

> Must be from a different source Mike.  I just updated my virus definitions
> and ran a full scan.  Nothing found on this end.

I just updated here, and see nothing odd.

> The virus in question is sent as a email file attachment with various
> names(not just "Snow White"), but always ending with a .scr or .exe file
> extension.  Never execute anything sent to you as an email file attachment
> unless you know who it is from.

The file I'm getting is DELETED0.TXT.  I delete it anyway.

> Having learned my email address, I have been receiving quite a few humorous
> email attachments from well-meaning clients.  I don't even go there.  I just
> give em all the deep six.  Uh...the attachments, not the clients ;>)

Fair enough.

By the way, I replied to my Snow White message.  An autoresponder
replied in the next few minutes.  IF anyone wants to read the
message, I'll send it off list.

The next time I see that message, I'm going to make formal
complaints to my ISP and theirs.  In the meantime, has anyone
ever tried hanging a GPS antenna off the side of their boat to
see how deep it receives?

Mike