[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Historical question: Chariot Mk I

I found Warren and Benson's book "Midget Raiders."  In it there is a
good drawing of a Chariot.  It's the same one we see everywhere, but
it's labelled much better.

The box behind the pilot is called the main ballast tank.  OK, this
suggests that the Chariot's body ("same size as a normal torpedo,
twenty-one inches") is positively buouyant .. or does it?  Whichever
is correct, reserve buouyancy can't have been much.

It's too cold here for me to think about it much, anyway.  But
a Chariot could ride on a motorcycle trailer ...

Mike