[PSUBS-MAILIST] Convention 2001 rev 5

Hi,

Thanks to Carsten we are closer to having the convention. He is out working
at a remote site so we need to further things along in his absense.

Regards,
Ray

NEXT STEPS:

1.  A volunteer in the Vancouver area who organize a room in a - for example-
    yachtclub or hotel. I could call hotels remotely but it would be best to
    be able to see each location first hand.

2. Volunteer to be Master of Cerimony. Any hams out there? Pat?

3. Volunteer to be Treasurer. Yes folks, this will cost some money.

4. Volunteer to followup with possible Field Trip locations and nail the
   trips. Tour buses or use our cars?

5. Comment on the following verbage below. Nothing is cast in stone as of
   yet.

ATTENDEES:

  Persons						Dates

  1.) Vance Bradley and family
  2.) Gene Seus and family and a minesweeper hull
  3.) Carsten Standfuss with wife and some pictures	01Jun - 31Aug
  4.) Ray Keefer and maybe his wife.			18Jun - 31Aug
  5.) Dale Heinzig and wife, and maybe his sub
  6.) Karl Fuller(maybe) with Kiwi fruit and Steinlarger
  7.) Karl S.Lutrell ?
  8.) Steve and April McColman, 			15Aug - 30Aug
  9.) Alec Smyth (maybe with family, not sure), pictures Any time
 10.) Greg Snyder and wife Stephanie, medicinal wine
 11.) Big Dave and maybe his wife
 12.) Sean T.Stevenson and PLC control concepts for sub
 13.) Gary R.Boucher with Vindicator pictures		12Jun - 28Jun
 							05Aug - 23Aug
 14.) Ty Alley (?)            				Any time

 Total: 13 - 21

SCHEDULE DATES:

Common time range is from 15Aug to 23Aug. There is only one weekend in this
window the Saturday 18Aug to Sunday 19Aug.

So we have a first date : (16)17-19 August 2001.

SCHEDULE DAYS:

	Day 1
		09:00 - 09:45 Lecture 1
		10:00 - 10:45 Lecture 2
		11:00 - 11:45 Lecture 3
		11:45 - 13:00 Catered Lunch
		13:00 - 13:45 Lecture 4
		14:00 - 14:45 Lecture 5
		15:00 - 15:45 Lecture 6

	Day 2
		09:00 - 12:00 Field Trip 1
		13:00 - 17:00 Field Trip 2

FIELD TRIPS:

  a.) maybe visit the Ben Franklin submarine at the
       Vancouver Maritime Museum
       see at : http://maritime.org/hnsa-benfranklin.htm

  b.) maybe visit Phil's submersibles pre-museum
       or/and Nuytco see at: http://www.nuytco.com/

  c.) maybe visit the Simrad Sonar Factory near Vancouver
      (organized by Karl S.Lutrell)
       see at : http://www.simrad.ca
                      (is that possible on a weekend ?)

  d.) Visit International Venturcraft (SportSub Factory)
       (organized by Steve McColman)
       see at : http://www.ivccorp.com/
                       (is that possible on a weekend ?)

  e.) maybe show the first time the Pat-Video ( Pat ??)
                       (are you ready ?)

  f.) maybe visit International Submarine Engineering
         in Port Coquitlam (organized by Sean Stevenson)
        see at : http://www.ise.bc.ca/

  g.) maybe Ballard Power Systems, see at WWW.Ballard.com
      maybe Imagenex Electronics,
      maybe Hard Suits,
      maybe Fleet Diving Unit,
      maybe Offshore Navigation,
      maybe Pacific Marine Training Centre,
      maybe Can-Dive,

 LECTURES :

   1. AIP, CCD, FC, HM, EM, underwater power units,
      how to calculate and the difference between them.
      In more or less english - by Carsten S.
   2. PLC control concepts for sub -by S.Stevenson
   3. Walk through chalk board design of a sub. Audience participation
      requested as this is a bull session.
   4. Outside vendor
   5.
   6.

CONVENTION SITE FEATURES:

1. Enough parking for all the family groups.
2. Pull through parking for serveral tow vehicles with submarine trailers
3. Available audio/visual equipment (Overhead and VCR/TV)
4. Chalkboard or white board
5. Restrooms
6. Area for catered lunch

CATERED LUNCH