Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Welding galvanized steel

Hi David, happy Chrismas

- the only way to weld galvanized steel is to grind the zinc away...
  after this you have to "cold galvanzied " the welding area again.
  But more professional is first to weld the black steel and than to
galvanzied.

- We weld on our yard every day aluminium to steel ..
  for example the steel hull of a 200 feet motoryacht with its
superstructure made from aluminium...
  but we use a special flat profil between them called the "dynamid
profil"
  (its a mixture profil made from steel, pure aluminium, and mixed
aluminium on the other side -
   will be conected together with explosives under a hill of sand .. its
estimate with 70 Dollar
   each 1 meter length (3,3 feet).. its a flat profil about 0,5 inch to
2 inch ..

At the moment I have Christnas holidays but unfortunatley it is
much to cold here to weld anything - so I dream and calculate a little
with close cycle diesel ..

happy days - Carsten