Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Aluminum subs

Craig:
        Re: Aluminum Hulls - we use aluminum forgings ( machined) for the
battery pod main tubes and spun aluminum hemispheres welded to machined
aluminum closure/sealing rings for the end closures  . . .on DeepWorker
2000.  We have had excellent results with this material - no complaints at
all. We have some units in titanium and other than cost, they are also very
good. We have a pretty good design for an all aluminum hull, battery pods,
frame, etc. but I've been currently  concentrating on the GRP (fibreglass)
el cheapo model called DeepWorker 300. We have the prototype hull built and
will be attempting to make it into a halibut in the pressure chamber soon.
It's identical to the DeepWorker 2000 in size, shape, and configuration but
will be available in kit form or finished sub - ( presuming we go ahead
with production) . . .shades of Kitteridge! Making it is a no-brainer,
making it to sell at a reasonable price is another kettle of fishies,
altogether!
Phil Nuytten