Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] re-wiring trolling motors?

Alec,
Where did you put the sacrificial anode?
When you purchase a Salt water motor, the anode is usually on the shaft, I
mean on the column that goes through  the motor body.
But you have to control with an ohm meter that you read "0" between the
sacrificial anode and the propeller AXLE ( I said shaft in my previous
message, sorry).
All motors should have continuity between the anode and the Stainless steel
axle prop.
I noticed that only 30 % of the motors have continuity, that means that most
of the owner of salt water motors think their motor is protected against
galvanic corrosion when they are not.
It is because the body of the motor is in 3 parts and when they are
assembled, probably some coatings make a break in the continuity between the
body parts.
That is why i put an additional anode, a small one , on the little fin of
the motor, that way all the motor is protected, axle, bearings, body, and
shaft.
It is actually simpler than to rewire the motor. (disassembling required)
This procedure is important, otherwise under frequent use your motor will be
galvanic corroded.