From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of
CWall@swri.edu
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 9:14 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Undersea telescope...

ooh...now, that's a keeper!

Craig Wall
---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Captain Nemo" <vulcania@interpac.net>, on 11/15/00 7:58 AM:
To: Incognito2@CTC@SwRI26["Personal (Discussion) Submersibles"
<Personal_Submersibles@psubs.org>]

Garmt Devries of the DUTCH JULES VERNE SOCIETY (where one of my webpages is)
tells me he recently got his degree in physics, and is working on a project
called ANTARES: it's an "undersea telescope" that detects neutrinos.  This
joint venture is being conducted by an international group of physicists and
engineers, and is employing a small submarine as part of their underwater
operation.  He gave me the URL to a website about this, if anyone wants to
check it out:

http://antares.in2p3.fr

Pat