Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] viewports

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Nuytten" <72020.572@compuserve.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 6:10 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] viewports

> Hi, Pat:
>         Re: viewport - what is the width? - assuming an eight foot high
> 'blister' that is eleven feet long and nine inches thick . . the term
> 'high' seems to indicate outside diameter - if this correct, please quote
> 'width' also as O.D.
> Regards,
> Phil Nuytten

Hi Phil!

Thanks, but I think you're replying to a post from someone using the ID
"Nemo" followed by a number (I already deleted it along with a lot of spam
that's been coming through lately, so I don't really remember the guys full
handle).  Anyway, I didn't ask this question!

But I remember looking at his post and wondering about it myself.  I
couldn't quite figure it out.  Is this a teardrop shape?  Something like a
humungus jet fighter canopy?  Maybe he'll write back to clarify his
question.

The thickness sounds good.  Wasn't nine inches about how thick the walls of
the acrylic sphere on your DEEP ROVER were (are)?

BTW: Welcome back!  Hope you had a good time at Andros.

Pat.