Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fuel cells/ aluminium

Yup. That's my guess, too.

Craig Wall
---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Vikking" <vikking@mindspring.com>, on 11/11/00 2:10 PM:
To: Incognito2@CTC@SwRI26[<personal_submersibles@psubs.org>]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Captain Nemo" <vulcania@interpac.net>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2000 4:39 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fuel cells

I think you are reffering to a type of fuel cell using aluminium rods on a
solution of potassium hidroxide, or salt water.
this type of cells are currently use on the telecomunications industry as a
back up system, to recharge batteries in case of generator failure, I have
use them on a contract on a oil rig as a back up for the rov comex/perry
tritech,  they took a while to reach 24v but when they did ,do recharge the
batteries at a good rate.

I am tring to find some more info, but a good point to start is a company
call alupower.

Gabriel./