Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: Formica

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the info. 11/99 thread. That's pretty good archiving.

I have to admit we had tons of Formica on board the SSBN I was on but it
was always glued to the stainless steel cabinets and bulkheads. I have
literally no knowledge of its use as a mold. I guess I always thought it
came in flat sheets and to make a boat hull mold out of it is quite
interesting. That's another reason I like this site. Always eager to
learn what the other guy knows.

I have reservations about the statement Chris made about mirror-like
surfaces by laminating on Formica. I'd like to learn more about that.

Thanks again.

Ed