From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Herve Jaubert
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2000 3:32 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Inert gas

Hi Greg,
I know one working sub with CO2 as of gas for ballasting, the gas is stored
liquid in a pressure tank.
But like Craig mentionned it , triple check should be done to verify that
there is no risks of  asphyxiation. I d have to look into my adress book to
find the guy and his sub.
Though it is an excellente idea for emergency purpose, to inflate emergency
ballasts, lift bags or any other chambers, double walls, what ever, when
there is no other mean of surfacing. A small CO2 bottle has a huge lift
capacity by the volume of gas available. BUT the occupants of the sub must
learn the symptoms of CO2 asphyxia on humans to be able to recognize them in
case of a leak. Such situation is recoverable when detected.
Herve