Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Propane sub

Craig,
If you plan your dives in the range of 15-30Ft why don t you design an
ambient pressure sub, it is much more economic, can be in fiberglass, with
any shapes, and there  is no bottom time limitations.
As far as your propane design you elude the questions, I am not talking
about the propulsion, but the ballasting, you offer little consideration for
the large amounts of gas that you WILL vent in the environment with the
risks of explosion for you and others. I seriously doubt that you will be
able to operate your subs in the US, unless you establish that propane canot
be vented outboard and ballast tanks are sealed and hard ballast type.
I don t know about the economic aspect of your sub, when i run my sub it
costs less than $100 per day  in compressed air refills and battery charge.
O2, ???, why do you think it is required to put an anti backfire system of
propane systems, if you were right that propane inside cannot ignite then
there would be no need for backfire system.
however, I ll get for you some abstracts and equations on my chemistry
engineer course to show you breakdowns of the propane molecule without O2
under specific circumstances.
I do know how to turn "on" my computer and should not you make fun of people
you don t know nor their background.
I don t know if you ever built a sub, I built 28 mini submarines , 2 of them
diesel with 100 mile range, this is my business, I am a USCG registered
submersible manufacturer, but you don t care of USCG anyway you just said
that you screw regulations.
by the way regulations are made to prevent people like you from making
hazardous machines.
regards
Herve