Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] All that damned math

In a message dated 10/12/00 9:52:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mholt@richmond.edu writes:

> I'm gradually trying to convert the math into Visual Basic programs.
>  My current project is to create a set of routines that will permit
>  me to define the shape of a sub, and then calculate wetted surface
>  and displacement.  From this, it's possible to calculate the essentials
>  of drag, which leads to horsepower.

Besides Psubs I also play around with Tesla Coils (a nifty not-so-little very
high voltage device), which takes a bit of math to design properly. Someone
wrote a program called "Wintesla" that would automatically calculate many of
the necessary numbers bsed on what you put in in other fields, could
something like that be done for PSubs?

Anthony