Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] The Navy Speaks: Bubsy is Public Domain

Hi, Pat:
        Re; Busby's heirs/ copyright extension/reprints/etc. I agree
completely with you regarding the common courtesy of checking with Busby's
heir, seeing if he wants to reprint, etc For the group to simply say " No
law against it, so we'll just plow ahead using this material in any manner
we chose . ." smacks of the most blatant disrespect for the guy who has
given the advantage of his years of experience, in the first place. I knew
Frank Busby well, and I can flat guarantee you that his reaction to what
the group proposes -  go no further than determining what you can do
,without considering what you should do -  would be  one of disbelief,
initially. and then an invitation to kiss his Irish - American. . .  well,
. . . not " Lass" !
Phil Nuytten