Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] The Navy Speaks: Bubsy is Public Domain

----- Original Message -----
From: <SeaLordOne@aol.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 2:34 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] The Navy Speaks: Bubsy is Public Domain

>" Shipmates,
>
> I have contacted several staff members in the Office of the Oceanographer
of
> the Navy, and they have all assured me that Busby's 1976 Manned
Submersibles
> is Public Domain. "

Did they do a search to learn if Busby's heirs filed for a copyright
extension; or was their determination that MANNED SUBMERSIBLES is in the
public domain based on their own understanding of copyright law?

Seems to me if anyone should have the right to make and sell copies of  R.
Frank's book for a profit, it's his family.   If I were going to do it
myself, I'd feel obliged to pay them royalties, out of respect.

Pat