Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Great book on hulls

Hi Vance,

	Yup. It's an academic press book, I'll put it right next to my
$230 100 page soft-cover on meteorite carbon-dating and, well damned near
every math book I've ever used. It's not for the faint of heart either, I
had to brush up on my multi-variable calculus to get past chapter 3. Good
you found one, I just checked and apparently there aren't a lot of copies
in print to be had! I found mine in a bookstore up in Boston, no doubt
intended for engineering students of some flavor or another.
	If nothing else it's an excellent reference for people who
actually do engineering calculations (heavy numerical methods) as part of
designing hulls and pressure vessels. Let me know if you make it through
the section about cantilevered cylindrical hull walls. I'm just not
getting it!

							John

John Brownlee
Chief Systems Administrator