Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Another great book

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:08:48 -0700 (MST), John Brownlee
<jonnie@cobweb.scarymonsters.net> wrote:

> 	Just finished reading 'The Universe Below,' by William Broad. It
> was an excellent treatment of deep submergence research, ranging from WHOI
> spreading center dives to economic exploration of minerals and
> environmental survey. It is also well written and easily picked up and put
> down; each excursion is a chapter though they do read well in sequence.
> For wanna-be oceanographers like myself (why I stuck in terrestrial
> geochemistry still defies me) it is like tagging along on several dives
> with a lot of background and the detail p-subber's crave.

I agree, I got that book a while ago, and I think it was a fantastic read.

If you found that book interesting, you should check out Bob Ballard's
latest book, which is basically a personal history of deep ocean
exploration. It includes a lot of great information and stories about
Alvin.

The book is titled "The Eternal Darkness".

Later,
Jon

   Jon Hylands      Jon@huv.com      http://www.huv.com/jon

           http://www.huv.com