Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Unusual propulsion system

In a message dated 8/22/00 11:43:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
martin.kleinelanghorst@tntpost.com writes:

> valid remarks you make there, I hadn't thought about the reverse effect
>  (volumetric change > electric current as opposed to electric currrent >
>  volumetric change),
>  but of course it is there, and, of course, it would kick in underwater.
>  Sorry, cannot give you any further information right now, but I will try
> dig
>  out something for you.
>  It might take some time, though.
>
>  Martin

There are ways to convert the expansion to contractions even though the
expansion will be in a straight line that won't terribly affect (if at all)
the movement of the "wings".
As for the piezoelectric qualities of the gel, I don't think that they will
be that troublesome, especially when one considers the effects of the ambient
temp. on the NiTiNOL..

Anthony

P.s.: As far as getting more information goes, the sooner the better,
although you could probably find the info faster than I could, so take your
time.