[PSUBS-MAILIST] Unconventional propulsion, inventors, etc.

Howdy y'all...

Got to reading some of the many posts that have come in over the past few days.....

If there's two kinds of people here (builders and dreamers), I guess on any given day I'm both at the same time.

Twenty years ago I was a poorly paid CFI driving a tired old 66 Chevy Sportvan, when some friends came to me with an aerodynamics question related to a project they were working on.  That got me interested in inventive technologies.  In time, I wrote and published a book; built a small R&D facility; built several unique prototype devices, including one functional submarine; prosecuted numerous official documents with the USP&TMO; sold some ideas for improvements in sporting goods that proved to be lucrative on a commercial basis; bought a couple acres and a brand new house in Hawaii; and today, I have the home I always wanted, a custom Harley and classic Corvette downstairs in a shop full of "crazy' projects I'm working on, there's a new truck in the driveway, and I am one happy man!

Now, I'd probably still be back in California, living on sardines and soda crackers, and driving that ratty old van, if I'd listened to the people who said I was crazy to try to build a submarine; or insisted I couldn't make it with inventive technologies.  Because I didn't, they're still wasting away in those same old foul-smelling bars we used to hang out in, and I'm in Paradise living my dream!

So keep on dreaming!  Dreaming is good!

Very best regards,

Pat