Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] motor seals

     Some stainless steel is "transparent" to magnetic fields,
correct.  But, changing or moving magnetic fields will create currents in
the metal simply because it is conductive.  One thing I had not thought
about would be sea water.  Sea water is conductive to an extent.  I'm not
sure how much power a given coupling geometry would give up to heating salt
water, but I would not think it would be nearly as much as trying to
penetrate a layer of metal.

GB