Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Algae CO2 scrubber

fullerk@voyager.co.nz writes:

> Hey Tony, do you send micro bubbles of sub air through the solution to make
>  the gas exchanges ? If not, how does it work ? I'm definitely going to look
>  further into this spirulina stuff. I've eaten it as it is supposed to be
>  very nutritious and quite a complete food. Good in smoothies too. It would
>  interesting to try and grow. Some people make a living from it. I wonder if
>  Jules Verne used it for his under water city, what do you think Pat ?
>  Karl.

I think that a tube of Gore-Tex running through the algae tube might work
(have the tube open at both ends with one being input and the other exhaust,
no real bubbles), but you may need to have something closer to human lungs or
two tubes set up to bubble your breath through the algae and the other to
collect the oxygen produced by the algae.

If you make any headway with designing a system for a sub, let me know
because I'd love to have a system like that on my sub when I build it.

Anthony