Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] CO2 Scrubbers

I read a book called "The Millennial Project: Eight Easy Steps to Colonizing
the Galaxy" that talked about O2 sources and suggested using some kind of
Blue-Green algae (Spirulina, I think) stuffed inside quite a few feet of
tubing wrapped around a form. As you breath, air gets pumped through the
algae and the CO2 gets metabolized and O2 gets realeased, just as long as
there are other nutrients and sunlight to support the reaction (sunlight
could be replaced by a couple Gro-Lamps).

The main drawback to this one really would be the fact that algae is a plant
and act accordingly by growing, but if you are one of those people that likes
eating algae or if you feed the stuff to your fish, then you should be fine.

Anthony