[PSUBS-MAILIST] External frames

Hi Guys,
In contemplating the practicality of a design concept I am thinking of, I need to know or be pointed in the right direction, concerning the pro's & con's of external frames versus internal.
No doubt, there are some structural advantages for internal frames, hull welds are under compression versus tension, and the external frames may need to be heavier for external application. Maybe even a combination could work. External frames and internal bulkheads, for example.
My intention is to create maximum internal space for minimum volume and a double skin to create ballast pockets, bottle storage and above all else, a streamlined hull, from a simple cylindrical pressure hull. The outer skin, would be glass fiber.

I'd also like to congratulate Carsten and Dale on their progress. It is very encouraging to read about and view the progress.
Thanks also for all the great scrubber info Paul and the rest.

Regards, Karl.