[PSUBS-MAILIST] Multiple response to recent email...

Hooboy!  So many good posts lately; so much to reply to.

Vance: (CO2 ABSORBANTS): thanks for the tip on the "one serving" absorbant packs; will check it out.

Phil: (OXYGEN SENSORS): thanks for the link: will definitely be checking into the "make it yourself" article.

Everybody: (OXYGEN SENSORS): thanks for the names of manufacturers, and the discussion on CO2: very educational.  I actually thought all absorbant did was remove carbon...we live and learn.

OH, and yes, I would like a sensor-system with a gauge I can read that will alert me to a drop in O2 in case the automated valve fails, so I can valve it in by hand if necessary.

(TOWING VEHICLES): Ha!  Some excellent comments and returns there.  (Excuse me while I put my "worm-can opener" away.)

(GYM SOCK SCRUBBER FILTERS): For my purposes, the common Walmart variety gym sock worked well; but I haven't actually done a comparative analysis between other brands, so I can't say which is best.  Cloth porosity was the key factor (and sock-cleanliness is vitally important; I used a new one "especially dedicated" to just that purpose).  Basically, just a porous bag of Sodasorb granules stuffed into a section of duct that the fan forced air through.  Cheap and easy; it worked for me, but I do not recommend anyone else try it for themselves.

(FLYWHEELS):  I don't get it.  Why do flies need wheels when they've got wings?

Pat