Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] life support method?

I am certain that C02 scrubbers don't break the carbon
off of the CO2 molecule. I was under the impression
that the CO2 was absorbed by some reaction of the
substrate and thus it was basically taken out of the
air and transformed into a non gaseous state. If this
is the case, in order to maintain the 1 atm pressure,
more gas needs to be added, in this case O2. Im sure
Im stating the obvious, maybe I misread the question.