[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Oximeter

My Dad is a COPD'er (Chronic Obstructionary Pulmonary Disorder),smoking for 43 yrs killed his  lungs and he uses that specific model to monitor his heart rate and more importantly his O2 count. It gives him an added sense of security while he is exercising. Sounds like a good idea for a sub, but I think a stock hospital forehead, continuous monitoring unit that was hardwired into the sub would be more beneficial, and a little cheaper if you can find the components which aren't that complex.
----- Original Message -----
From: Dale
To: Psubs
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 12:01 PM

looking back a few days ago about the posting about interesting oxygen sites from Greg,  the link http://www.avweb.com/articles/oximeter.html. is a very good portable oxygen sensor. it gives your oxygen level in your body,  that translates to the level in the sub...  what a great idea.. I want one..  what does everyone else use???

dale