Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Propulsion

Obviously, there is some interest here. I have included the web site below.
I was wrong, they're $375 a piece. I must have been thinking the pair. I've
got (2) 17 horse power electric vehicle motors to connect them to. I figure
with my hull design and composite material, I can get about 12 knots,
conservatively. Here's the site.

http://www.cpperformance.com/products/default.htm

I should go ahead and just order one and replicate it for contra rotation. I
think it is an excellent propulsion system for my canopy fiberglass and
carbon fiber sub.
Oh, by the way, I've been experimenting with ultrasonic transducers and
modems. I hooked one up in a fish tank (no fish in it :) )  I had to rig up
(build) a mini pulser on the transmission end and a discriminator circuit on
the receiving end to eliminate the noise, reflection, etc., but I was able
to send a  document under water (22 inches) after about 60 hrs of work. Does
anyone know the resolution of ultrasonic waves over significant distances
(500 ft.)? Also does anyone know the the best frequency for the most limited
degradation of signal? I guess I need to start doing some research. As you
can see, I like to reinvent the wheel. Why buy it when you can frustrate
yourself and build it? Any help here would be appreciated.
Hope you like the inexpensive jet. Oh, by the way. With two motors and a
movable exhaust nozzle (up or down), I could have one up and one down to
rotate the sub axially to the right or left and then move the controls
either both down or both up. This would allow me to urn in either direction
like an aircraft. I figure I wouldn't need any other surface control planes.
Now, If i could only figure out some way of developing an supercavitation
shroud, I'd be in business. Hope you guys can do something with the
mini-jet.
For the guy that needs a 1/8 HP unit, I would recommend making it out of
PolyUrethane. I make a lot of prototypes for people using Urethane.
I don't know whether the larger units are scalable in design,I would have to
think about that. I would think that smaller units would need better
tolerance to maintain efficiency.
Suds
Suds