Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fuel Cells Yet ?

In a message dated Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:26:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Ray Keefer <Ray.Keefer@west.sun.com> writes:

<< Hi,

My biggest fear of fuel cells is that both hydrogen and oxyen are used.
Both are odorless and colorless and when combined they are explosive.
A small leak in your hydrogen piping can lead to an explosive mixture
with the cabin air.

How would one safely handle these gasses? How does one prevent a
dangerous buildup inside the sub?

Regards,
Ray

Ray, Ummm .... let me think. Fuel cell mounts outside the sub, gases don't leak into crew compartment, high heat is dissipated externally, ultimate heat sink is handy for recirc cooling? It's a trick question. Right? Vance