Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Oxygen, Energy and Propulsion

Anthony,

I have a wet sub with the batteries in a sealed compartment. I use sealed AGM
(Absorbent Glass Mat) batteries which can be operated in any position. I
don't recommend Gel Cells. The archives has some more information on this
subject.

Be careful with any lead acid battery since even the sealed ones can and do
evolve hydrogen and oxygen. The sealed ones do have a much lower rate.

The compartment I have the batteries in do have ventilation as you change
depth through a pressure compensation system.

Good luck,

Ken Martindale