Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] U 26 for sale

The 1t per sm at full speed seems a coast-story:

I get now the following informations :
2 Diesel each 440 KW = so 880 KW maximum Diesel output.

With about 0,24 Liter each horsepower and hour each for medium speed
train diesel - I get : 880 x 1,33 = 1173 hp x 0,24 L/h = 281 Liter/h
(diesel runing at 100%)

But it is a Diesel -Electric sub with a electric main engine
of 1100 kw = 1100 x 1,33 = 1463 HP.

Its runs 10 kn maximum on the surface and 17 kn for
shorter periods dived.

Also I found its tanks has place for 23,5 t fuel
and she has a range of 4500sm at about 6 kn.

So 23500 kg/ 0,85 (density of diesel)= 27647 Liter fuel
 / 4500 sm = 6,1 liter (1,62 galleon) per Seamile at 6 kn.

Reverse calculation : 6,1 / 0,24 =
25,4 Horsepower for 6 kn.
and 1463 hp for 17 kn

Maybe the range is shorter or the transit speed is lower.
Or they added the battery capazity to the range.
Batterie is about 5000 Kwh...

So fuel seems not the problem. If you get 1 t Diesel
fuel for 300 $ you get a full tank for
about 300 x 23,5 = only 7050 $.

450 t scrapped iron  = about 23.000 $
but it is also lead and copper in and the iron
is stainless steel. So the scrapp price will be higher
say about 100.000 $ ?

The harbour and the sliplift on my yard has only a deep of
maximum 4 m - so I can not use it..

Carsten