Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] That radio thing....

In a message dated 3/19/00 5:19:06 AM, dirkpitt77@yahoo.com writes:

<<     I erased all my posts just now by mistake, but did
I hear someone mention being able to use VHF/CB at
depths up to 50 fsw?  This would apply to GPS too
right?  And since fresh water is less dense than
saltwater, you'd maybe get a little more depth, right?
For us shallow water psubbers this wouldn't be such a
complicated problem if I'm thinking correctly.
Somebody correct me if I'm missing something obvious
here, k?

                            Laters,

                               Chris N.

=====
"Noisy outside, empty inside." - Confucius

I think this calls for some experimenting this summer. Hand held GPS, VHF & a
depth gauge. We'll see how it works.
Vance